Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Family Man Mission

I often recommend, as I have in past blogs, that people open Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) or 529 accounts (college savings plan). Both of these accounts allow you to participate in the Stock Market. I understand the fear and suspicion people feel towards the Stock Market. It is understandable really. When you don’t understand the rules or why things are happening it can be confusing and scary. I feel the same way about Cricket. I am sure it is a really great sport but for the life of me I just can’t figure it out.

I hope over the course of the next few weeks, months, maybe years to help you figure out the Stock Market (in return, if anyone knows how Cricket works, I am listening). If you’re interested in learning how the Stock Market works and maybe even how to manage your own brokerage account then subscribe to my blog or visit me periodically. If you have questions, please ask them and if I don’t have the answers I will do the research to find them. This is a passion of mine. I enjoy Finance and enjoy helping people out. That’s what this is all about.

I want to show you that the Stock Market isn’t gambling or throwing money away. It isn’t magic. You can make sense of it, you just need a guide.

The Stock Market is a tool that can help send your children to college. It can allow you to retire with dignity. It can help you buy your first house or get out of debt. I am not interested in making rich people get richer. I will not promote get rich quick schemes or promise guaranteed returns if you just donate x amount of dollars. This information is meant for anyone that is struggling to keep their head above the water or just wants to improve the quality of life for thier family.

From one Family Man to another (or to a Family Woman), I just want to share what I have learned through my experience and my studies.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Scott,

    This is information I could have used when I younger and starting out. I feel much more secure about my daughter and grand cildrens future with you in the picture. Good Job! Oh, I will be contacting you for more hands on assistance with my financial situation, even though it's well past the time that I should have started. It's never to late, Right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to recieve this kind of feedback. You are absolutely right. It is never too late to start. It factors into the investment strategy as your resources, goals and risk tolerance are (and rightly so) different than if you would have started sooner.

    I will be happy to help anyway I am able.

    ReplyDelete