Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 19, 2012

IMAX: The Bear Case Just Doesn't Add Up!

It is important to read analysis that is contrary to your opinion when doing stock research. So many people have already made up their mind before they begin their research. I see this mistake so often with retail investors. They google a ticker symbol and read the articles that "confirm" their point of view and pat themselves on the back for getting it right without putting in the work. It is a difficult thing to be critical of your own ideas. You don't often hear, "Man, I have this really terrible idea I just have to tell you about." That is why it is so important to seek out the contrary perspective especially when everyone else seems to agree with you.

 This was exactly the case of my bullish stance on IMAX Corp (IMAX). While I was doing my stock research I found article after article that treated a bullish stance on IMAX to be obvious, so much so that the articles rarely included much substance or analysis. I was guilty of this myself. It wasn't until I was blasted in the comment section of another one of my articles that I realized it. I decided it was time to step up my game. I decided that the way to do that was to re-write my first article and take on the biggest IMAX bear I could find. Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment